POSITION SUMMARY: Manage the day-to-day execution and assist with the strategic sourcing functions for company categories to reduce spend and increase revenues. Identify opportunities and create strategies that deliver value to the organization through developing competition, e-Sourcing functions, and negotiating agreements. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of integrity, respect, honesty, and teamwork.
· Identify opportunities and lead efforts to develop sourcing strategies that optimize savings through national contract partnering.
· Develop a project baseline that accounts for all necessary specifications (material, performance, and service); develop a sourcing strategy by evaluating both current specifications and alternatives.
· Define the scope and strategy for initiatives; lead the design/development of strategies and oversee subsequent execution.
· Identify and manage cost drivers and analyze life cycle costing challenges.
· Incorporate various supply chain options when evaluating bid scenarios.
· Develop and approve new suppliers, products, and services to maintain competitive and diverse supplier/product/service base.
· Communicate with internal and external business partners to develop alignment, gain commitment to overcome challenging situations and take advantage of opportunities.
· Prepare and oversee the preparation of RFx’s.
· Ensure contract terms accurately represent commercial intent and appropriate company protections.
· Remain current with markets condition and evaluate alternative products and services to maximize their value to Interstate Hotels & Resorts and its affiliates.
· Evaluate supplier operations and fulfillment to ensure operations can support hotel’s business requirements.
· Follow-up or expedite orders to see that they are delivered as scheduled.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in business, supply chain management or a related field
· Category management or buying experience and relevant experience are typically required for this position.
· Industry certifications is desired but not required.
· Min. 3 - 5 years’ experience writing/preparing/processing/
· Min. 3 – 5 years of experience negotiating contracts and working with Supply Chain management, Procurement and Sourcing teams
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Knowledge of procurement, supply chain management and strategic sourcing activities
· Knowledge of creating a RFI, RFQ and RFP
· 3 years' RFP experience. (e.g. writing/preparing/processing/
· 3 years' experience in supply chain procurement/sourcing
· Ability to learn procurement, supply chain management and strategic sourcing activities
· Ability to manage conflict/gain commitment and improve conditions/processes
· Ability to multi-task, good organization, prioritization skills and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
• This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules taking effect on May 1, 2015.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is looking to hire a Senior Procurement Officer to join the Procurement Team of the Corporate Services and Facilities Department. This position is based in the IMF headquarters located in Washington, DC.
The Senior Procurement Officer plays a key role in the procurement of operationally critical goods and services for the IMF. As a member of the Procurement Team, the candidate is responsible for strategic sourcing, commodity procurement and contract management. The candidate will partner with business unit leaders to conduct high value procurements and develop sourcing strategies with the goal of reducing total cost of ownership while enabling operational efficiency.
Candidate shall be predominantly responsible for the planning, development and management of all contractual requirements for projects of significant complexity related to the procurement of diverse services and commodities (e.g., event services, hospitality services, professional services, general consulting services and Information Technology services including staff augmentation, consulting off-shore services, hosting, computer hardware, software licenses, data subscriptions service) in accordance with the IMF’s Procurement Policy and Practices.
Strategic Sourcing. Lead or assist strategic sourcing projects. Activities include, supply market analysis, business requirements evaluation, strategy development, RFP development, competitive bidding via RFPs, RFQs or E-Auctions, negotiations, contracting, etc.
Commodity Procurement. Execute commodity purchases. Activities include the development of statements of work, RFPs, vendor negotiations and contracting.
Supplier Performance Management. Monitor ongoing vendor performance (e.g. compliance to service metrics, cost savings targets)
Stakeholder Relationship Building. Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholder in the Facilities Division, anticipating procurement needs in advance and working closely to develop sourcing and category management strategies.
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree in business administration, materials management, logistics/distribution management, procurement/contract management, or a related field of study, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant work experience; or a university degree, or equivalent, business administration, materials management, logistics/distribution management, procurement/contract management, or a related field of study, supplemented by a minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience.
In addition to the qualifications above, the successful candidate should have the following competencies:
Advocacy, Engagement and Influence - Ability to influence senior stakeholders across multiple business units, strategies and plans. Facilitation and conflict management skills that enable effective working relationships and efficient interactions by work groups or teams.
Building Collaborative Relationships - Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues and clients. Collaborative orientation that focuses on building effective partnership with clients.
Strategic Thinking - Ability to communicate succinctly and develop communication strategies across multiple stakeholder groups.
Subject-Matter Expertise - Prior experience in procuring event services, hospitality services, professional services, general consulting services and IT services would be beneficial. Prior experience in third party risk management would be a plus.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
Coordinates and manages all inventory operations; including KPI monitoring, staffing, and improvement projects.
Works directly with other department managers to provide insight on all inventory concerns.
Reports to, and coordinates with, Fulfillment Manager to determine opportunities for growth and improvement of inventory processes and accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience
Working hours will be spent in a mixed office and warehouse setting, tracking and organizing inventory
Standard 40-hour workweek applies
Physical labor such as lifting and moving heavy boxes of supplies may be required on a regular basis
The position will be required to perform there duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jwfgrzd52m5hs4qw
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Supply Chain Services is transforming the Global Strategic Sourcing Group and seeks a dynamic Sourcing Leader to join our world class Strategic Sourcing Organization. This Sourcing Manager position will play a key role in supporting Verizon Enterprise Solution’s Re-Sale within State, Local and Federal Government of Wireless, Verizon Enterprise Services, and other new products with an average annual spend of more than $350M+. The scope of agencies supported includes, but is not limited to, Federal contracts (WITS, Networx, EIS), E911, US Postal Service, State, Local and Educational Government Agencies (SLED), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (CoPA), and Commonwealth of Virginia (CoVA).
A key aspect of the Sourcing Manager role is building collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with our suppliers. The Manager will actively set goals to prioritize time-sensitive requests, effectively interface with all levels of management, and efficiently ensure the sourcing process is completed consistent with Verizon policies and goals.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.